Clerk / Elections
*All township public notices are published in the Hastings Banner and/or the Hastings Reminder.
You can register to vote at the Secretary of States office or at the township clerk’s office. Absentee ballots are available for all elections by contacting the township clerk or from the State website.
The Township Hall is the polling location: 885 River Road, Hastings, MI 49058 (Between M-37 & Star School Road) The following elections are scheduled for the 2017 year:
- August 8, 2017 Special Election
- November 7, 2017 Special Election
The Clerk's Office is involved in a range of administrative functions and services. Some of these are statutory - assigned to the Clerk by State law. Others are set forth in Township Board procedures or local ordinances and some have been informally assumed. The major duties include:
- Financial Administration: General Ledger, Payroll, A/P, Budgeting
- Financial Reports & Federal and State Filings
- Custody of Records, Minutes, and Ordinances
- Development of Township Board Agendas
- Voter Registration Administration
- Elections Administration
- Freedom of Information Act Coordination
- Administration of Township Cemetery